FANCY A GREAT ADVENTURE?
NICES is a summer camp for all the Girl and Boy scouts from Europe (and far outside) between 14 and 21 years. The event distinguishes itself from other camps through its flexible attitude: participants can stay for as many days as they want and each night they can register for the activities of the next day. These activities can be chosen individually. So you can start adventuring with your new friends right away.
WHAT IS NICES
Nederweert International Camp for European Scouts
The first NICES took place in the summer of 2001 in Nederweert. It was a big success. So the event was repeated in 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012 and 2017. This tradition will continue in 2021!
NICES 2017 will take place in Nederweert, a small town (16.000 residents) in the south of the Netherlands between Eindhoven and Maastricht. Nederweert is situated in the province of Limburg, exactly between Belgium (15 km) and Germany (25 km). Many unspoiled wildlife areas including a large National Park surround Nederweert. In addition the village is as it were drawn and quartered by three canals, which is unique for the Netherlands.
Of course we’re not sitting still during the hot Dutch summer nights.
Every night something spectacular is organised in the large (party) tent: Disco-nights, live-shows, karaoke shows, Miss & Mister NICES election and international parties. Too much to mention but we’re sure that you won’t get bored!
Besides the daily activities in the large tent, there will be extra activities organised, like a big international barbecue for all the participants and of course you can make new friends and learn new songs at the campfire.
A very active, exciting and varied programme full of adventure, sports and other activities is planned. During the camp, every night all the participants can choose from an enormous offer of ticket activities, both on and off the campsite.
among other things the following activities are expected (no definitive list yet):
- Getting exhausted on a survival challenge-track;
- Mountainbiking: a nice hike to enjoy the Limburg countryside or a heavy cross-country track;
- Combine aiming, running and ambush tactics during outdoor laser combat;
- Be secured on the climbing-wall!;
- A life-jacket isn’t superfluous during the water kayaking;
- Sport: challenge each other in beach-volleyball, soccer, archery or any of your favourite sports;
- Will your self built wooden raft float or sink?;
- Enjoying the fabulous scenery in National Park De Groote Peel;
- Express yourself in one of the many workshops, like glass engraving and pottery;
- Visit a real Dutch windmill or go 100 years back in time during one of the excursions;
- Don’t get lost and show your knowledge of orienteering;
- Don’t hit any cows while playing Farmers’ Golf!
If you want to contact us (the NICES organisation) to obtain information or anwers to your questions, if you have any comments or if you want a copy of our brochure, you can do so in various ways.
But most easily is to fill in the form underneath,
(sign-up for the newsletter as well)
NICES – All Rights Reserved 2019